Crew Leader's Job
The crew leader has a large job and the authority to ask any crew member, at anytime, to help him with his job.
Make sure your crew members:
- Show up wearing uniform
- Show up with the proper appearance
- When entering the work area wear paper body suits
- When entering the work area wear paper shoe covers
- Work safely
- Use hard hats, steel-toed boots, eye protection, ear protection, safety harness and respirators
- Perform with quality craftsmanship
- Cover everything properly
- Clean everything properly
- Spray paint everything properly
- Performing with maximum production levels
- When leaving the work area remove paper body suits
- When leaving the work area remove paper shoe covers
- Leave work area clean every day
3.2 CREW LEADER WORKING
Make sure you help in production by doing the following:
- Use a lazar light to point out to painter holidays.
- Stop and demand painters to cover holidays before they are allowed to continue.
- Keep spray line away from lifts.
- Stop lifts from pulling coverings off floor and equipment.
- Get tanks and keep lifts full of propane.
- Keep pots full of paint at all times.
- Never let the pumps wine when out of paint.
- Squirt of oil in pump after every 5 gallons of paint.
- Move pumps and paint containers as sprayers advance.
- When necessary, in keeping production levels up, you must cover, clean and paint.
3.3 CARING FOR SPRAY PUMPS
Make sure you breakdown and clean daily the following:
- Spray pumps. No paint on outside of pumps except tires and lines.
- Pump screens.
- Spray guns and screens.
- Spray gun tips and housings.
- Spray gun poles and housings.
- After cleaning reassemble and leave pumps under pressure until next use.
- Have spray pumps always ready to go to work at all times.
- Replace daily the 5' gallon paint screen that is taped to the paint pickup shaft.
- Repack pumps at breakdowns.
- Breakdown and repair spray guns.
- Keep an inventory of the right gun parts and pump repacking kits.
3.4 CARING FOR MANLIFTS
Make sure you:
- Spray soap on lifts prior to use then clean up is made easy.
- Keep man lift platforms clear of trash.
- Keep propane - powered man lifts full of fuel.
- Keep electric - powered man lifts plugged in to charge every day.
3.5 CARING FOR TRUCKS
Make sure you:
- Keep trucks washed and clean at all times.
- Clean paint off the outside and inside of the trucks.
- Keep truck seats and floors covered with poly film.
Call Now - 1.800.354.9165 - Toll Free